Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Tipsy Baker

Lately, many of my sentences begin with, "There was an interesting piece on Public Radio about..." but I maintain that it is not simply because I am a victim of circumstance. Yes, I live in the middle of nowhere. Yes, I navigate through formidable terrain on my way from the computer to the bathroom. This isn't why I'm glued to the radio. There is nothing more delightful than listening to Market Place, Fresh Air, or As It Happens! This particular broadcast mentioned a blog in which the author examines the cost effectiveness of producing consumables versus purchasing them at the store. Who has time for this, you may ask? Well, if you've lost your job, time is torturously abundant, as I am about to discover. She compares the price and quality of her home-produced bagels with that of the mega-chain supermarket and the specialty bagel stores as ubiquitous as Starbucks and finds that while she could be spending as much as $.79 per bagel, her concoctions cost a scant $.15! Impressive savings, if you ask me! As soon as I heard that, I added her blog on my list. She can be found at tipsybaker.blogspot.com
Check it out!

No comments: