
Today was another beautiful day in Washington. I don't know what everyone was whining about when I mentioned moving to this state. The weather has been nothing but pleasant! Yes, it's only been a couple of weeks and it *IS* summer for goodness sake but, even with the mist, bouts of fiery sunshine, and torrential rain, I still have no complaints! I love the rain. I remember frowning at the sun in Hawaii. When it rained, I was delighted but annoyed at the same time because of the humidity. Sometimes the rain was perfect and that's the kind of rain there is here in Washington!
We have a neighbor who is a retired Navy Chief who lives across the street from us. We knew he was gem when he walked over a pair of chairs and told us we could borrow them until our furniture arrived. Lately, his project is our yard. When we purchased this house, we didn't realize that the yard was in abject shambles! Upon arrival at midnight, the last thing on our mind was the landscaping. Now that we've pulled our heads out of the packing boxes, we noticed how completely grotesque the situation is. So Charles, our neighbor, has decided to tackle the half acre of land solo. When Joe or I offer to help he just smiles and starts to till the soil in the opposing direction. His wife, Dorothea, told me, "You make sure you tell him exactly where you want the vegetable garden and where you want the flower beds. Make sure he does it how YOU want it." In my head I'm thinking, "Lady! This man is an angel! If he wants to plant poison ivy, I'll let him! As long as it LOOKS nice, that is" We got a landscaper to come in and give us an estimate on how much the project would cost. $1,500! And that was a "conservative" estimate. There were NO guarantees. Thank you, Charles! I'll be baking him cookies for the rest of his life.
Today, we went to Bainbridge Island. There was a mammoth playground that Joey wanted to check out. It was amazing! Joseph was a little difficult to keep up with. He was running this way and that. I couldn't even get a decent picture because he wouldn't stand still. I think he had a great time! After that we went to Mora's Iced Creamery! Talk about HEAVEN! The ice cream is so... so... I can't put it into words! It's thick and rich and just... ono! Joseph ate his and half of mine! He really loved it. I had chocolate (just plain chocolate- not their Mexican chocolate, not their Swiss chocolate or their other varieties of chocolate), Joe had mint chocolate chip, and Joseph had chocolate as well. Not a well-rounded family, I suppose. Joseph ate so much ice cream that when we were in Costco on our way home, he had to lie down in the cart because his tummy hurt so much. I know that's not funny but it was so cute. At least he'll never eat too much ice cream again!
1 comment:
Good luck with your landscaping! I want to see more pictures of your house.
Post a Comment