Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Budding Scientist




Gotta love this look of deep concentration!

We went to the Science Museum in Oregon this weekend and it was a blast! Man, the Children's Discovery Center in Kaka`ako has nothing on this baby. The theme this weekend was the 1970s and there were a lot of demonstrations related to it. The kids got to tie dye a shirt, make lava lamps, go into Greg Brady's craft room, and make a light show. It was far out!

We were in Oregon spending some time with Nana, Poppy, and Great Nana. It was nice to be together for no reason at all. Usually, when we're all together it's because of Christmas or some other holiday. It's nice to just hang out because you're in the area. Yes, it is true that Washington is hardly in the area of Southern Oregon. However, since experiencing the extreme shock of 8.5% tax in Washington, shopping in Oregon has been a pleasure! We had some items from Pottery Barn and Costco sent to Nana and Poppy's house before we made the move over to Washington. They were nice enough to hold on to it until we made the trip over. I can't wait to put together his new furniture. I'll be sure to show you pictures of his room and the rest of the house soon.

Moving is SO expensive! I wince at the thought of the escalating costs! My school tuition is due soon, too! When it rains, it pours. Thank goodness for the Bowfin Memorial Scholarship. It will pay for the rest of my schooling! The check wont be here for a while since it has to be forwarded from Hawaii. Surprisingly, our Netflix have been making it quickly. That's a blessing we haven't been able to enjoy as a result of the mounds of boxes yet to be unpacked. I thought the movers unpacked everything and took away the garbage. I guess I was wrong. I told Joe we're not moving for a VERY long time if we can help it.

No comments: