I'm sitting here after a burst of housework energy has been released from my body. Vaccuming, check. Dinner planned, check. Dishes, check. Change sheets, check. My mom can always tell when I have a looming deadline for a paper because I start to become desperate for housework. I'd rather do just about ANYTHING other than schoolwork. It's not difficult and I actually find it interesting but building the motivation to accomplish it is beyond me.
Last night Joseph and I went to Wye Lake to go swimming. It was soooooo hot yesterday! I think it reached 90 degrees! Joseph had a really great time! We went with our neighbor, Cheryl and her three kids, Megan, Jack and Natalie. They are all around the same age as Joseph and he loves hanging out with them. They live just across the street in a cabin that was left to Cheryl by her recently deceased parents. They passed about 6 months ago within just days of each other. That is so heartbreaking. She seems so strong and at peace but she said that it hasn't sunk in yet. Talking to her makes me think of my own dad. I dream about him a lot and it makes me sad when I wake up and he's not there. I dreamed that he drove me to the mall and I was concerned about his vision but he could see just fine. It made me feel good because I know that when we pass, we're restored to our healthy bodies.
Joseph went in loops as he walked to the dock and jumped off then walked (ran) around to repeat the process about 100 times. I was curious to see how he'd react to the water not being salty but he didn't mention anything about it. The fresh water on my lips is a salient memory that I instantly recall when I think about lakes. He had a good time splashing about and playing with the other kids. The lake has a playground with swings, teeter totters, and monkey bars. Joseph loves the teeter totter but there isn't anyone his size to balance it with him. Jack, who is only 5, isn't a good partner because he's far too heavy (tall and strong) and Megan who's 8 certainly won't do. Little Natalie is only 3 and would probably be perfect if she weren't glued to the monkey bars and swings.
We met more neighbors: Sarah, Richard, and (I think) their daughter Helen. They have labradoodles that are too cute. Their hair curls up after a dip in the lake. We met them on their way back. One is named Barney and the other Kai. Yes! Kai like Hawaiian for ocean! So cool how far the Hawaiian influence goes!
I don't want to go back to my papers... but I guess I really have to since they are due very, VERY soon! I work best under pressure (that's what I tell myself). Ooooh! I really don't want to go. Perhaps I'll watch some tv. :) Yah! That's the ticket! While I fold the load of laundry that just beeped at me!
2 comments:
I love your style of writing. I enjoy keeping up with your life. It sounds like you are adjusting well. Are you taking online classes?
I am the same way. And I am so excited that you are happy in your new place!
Post a Comment