Recently Joseph has started to apply things he's learned from school. No, not songs or games but the things that the teachers tell him again and again. We were sitting on the couch waiting for a movie to begin and I started to sing 5 Little Monkeys. Joseph didn't want to sing that song so he says, "Mommy! Mommy!" When I looked at him he said to me very seriously, "Settle down!" I was in shock. I didn't know how to respond. Then he told me what he wanted to sing "Apples and Bananas" (which I've never even heard of). I told him that I didn't know that one and that I was going to sing "5 Little Monkeys." In the middle of my first verse he put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Mommy! Settle down!" What do you say to that? I figured that he must hear that a LOT at school for him to remember how to apply it in his life! Even though he is soooooooooo kolohe, we love him so very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment