Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Dentist

Here Joseph is going for a ride in his special dentist chair.

This is Joseph staring into the bright light. The hygienist needed a light to "look into his dark cave to check for buggies."

This is where the mommies keep an eye on their little ones while getting their x-rays. They put the special cape on Joseph to keep the bad rays away from his body.

Today we went to the dentist. Joseph was excited because he's learning about community helpers at school. My students' mother (Yes it's supposed to be plural! I had one last year and another one this year) works at the reception desk and it was a nice surprise. I've been dreading this visit for a LONG time. When we brush our teeth Joseph can be SO difficult! He did so well, though. I was so proud of him. They counted 20 perfect teeth. They said they could tell that he sucks his thumb but that it shouldn't affect his permanent teeth as long as he stops sucking by age 6. Everyone kept saying that he was being so good. I'm sure they tell that to everyone but I'm not going to disagree with them. He has such a handsome smile and I am so proud of him!

No comments: