Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Million People

So habuteru, Niners!


Stacy and Nine.

Still habuts.

I know his name begins with a "J" just like his big sister, Jordyn.

The junk (sometimes REALLY junk) thing about living on O`ahu is that it is very small and there is very little to do here. When something big like the Punahou Carnival takes place, it is usually patronized by just about every local family on the island. We all have our own memories growing up and going to this event yearly so of course when WE'RE parents, we're sure to include every fun activity in our recollection. Here's an example: We were at the carnival for about 30 minutes before I realized that two girls I went to high school with were with their new families. Above is Sacha's little one. The other girl I didn't know very well; we were in student council together. Toward the end of our stay (about an hour later) I ran into a really GREAT high school friend of mine- Stacy. Her little one, Nine, is such a big boy! I remember her baby shower like it was yesterday, for crying out loud! I remember when she told me she was expecting! In any case, it's difficult going anywhere in this town without seeing someone you like and even someone you don't. You wouldn't know that Honolulu alone has over a million people in it!

No comments: