Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spaghetti and Chocolate Milk





Joseph and I had a terrific day together. Stacy and Nine came over again and that was waaaaaaay fun! It's amazing how they can play together despite their age difference! He's such a little daredevil and I absolutely love him to pieces. The highlight of the play date was when he vomited all over the floor and poor Stacy held her cupped hands out to catch it. Unfortunately, it was projectile vomit and although she did catch a good amount of it, the capacity of her hands were no match for the Juicy Juice, SPAM musubi, and kakimochi that spewed out. I'm not joking, though. It was a highlight because I'll never forget it!

While picking lemons from my lemon tree, I accidentally threw a long wooden stick over the wall and into my neighbor's yard. I had to retrieve it as quickly as possible so they wouldn't think I was trying to burgle them. Stacy brought over some ono fried chicken from Taniokas. I've never been but I understand that it is renowned for its seafood.

After our guests left and Joseph took his nap, we went to Hickam Beach. I used to not understand what the fuss was over Hickam Beach. Ever since I've had Joseph, though, I completely understand the beauty of the flat, shallow water. We had a great time in the water. We were pretending to feed each other our favorite things. I stood in the water, bucket in hand, pouring "chocolate milk" into Joseph's bucket while he poured "spaghetti with meat sauce" into my bucket. He has such an amazing imagination that it's difficult to keep up with him!

All that talk of spaghetti made me hungry for dinner. Joseph and I went to Zippy's (to use the gift certificate Mr. Palacio gave me for Christmas LAST YEAR) and ordered two mini spaghetti's (one without the noodles - less carbohydrates) and chocolate milk.

We went home and took an abbreviated bath. When we went to floss our teeth I was marveling at how thorough and meticulous he was and I said, "I'll bet you're going to be a dentist when you grow up because you're so good at flossing." To which my perfect, beautiful son responded, "No, I'm going to be like you when I grow up."

1 comment:

Darth Mama said...

It sounds like a wonderful day! The joy of motherhood!