The day was action packed and Joseph was a true sport! In the morning I had a scholarship ceremony at the USS Bowfin Memorial at Pearl Harbor. There were a handful of us who received scholarships in the name of someone who was integral in the opening of the Bowfin Memorial Park. I received the Captain Alexander Tyree scholarship. It was a nice ceremony. Then in the evening we went to Auntie Taryn's graduation ceremony at Manoa. Watching the exercises, I was really sad that I did not participate in either my BA or advanced degree ceremony. We followed the crowd to the A-L section to wait for Auntie. We met her entourage at the field and gave her a lei. Then we went to Buffet 100 at Ward for her graduation dinner. We ate our fill and then some! Joseph grinded on noodles and ginger chicken while Joe and I enjoyed shrimp, egg rolls, gau gee, orange chicken and chow fun. Yummy! For dessert, there was an ice cream machine with toppings. Joseph decided he wanted goldfish with his ice cream... bleh! You'd better believe we were ready for a bath and bed- ALL of us!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Busy Saturday
The day was action packed and Joseph was a true sport! In the morning I had a scholarship ceremony at the USS Bowfin Memorial at Pearl Harbor. There were a handful of us who received scholarships in the name of someone who was integral in the opening of the Bowfin Memorial Park. I received the Captain Alexander Tyree scholarship. It was a nice ceremony. Then in the evening we went to Auntie Taryn's graduation ceremony at Manoa. Watching the exercises, I was really sad that I did not participate in either my BA or advanced degree ceremony. We followed the crowd to the A-L section to wait for Auntie. We met her entourage at the field and gave her a lei. Then we went to Buffet 100 at Ward for her graduation dinner. We ate our fill and then some! Joseph grinded on noodles and ginger chicken while Joe and I enjoyed shrimp, egg rolls, gau gee, orange chicken and chow fun. Yummy! For dessert, there was an ice cream machine with toppings. Joseph decided he wanted goldfish with his ice cream... bleh! You'd better believe we were ready for a bath and bed- ALL of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats to your scholarship! so proud of you! miss you so much! i remember that you guys are moving soon. good luck on your move! did you find a place in Mililani or somewhere else? take care!
Post a Comment