Friday, May 29, 2009

Team Bonding

Yesterday was a really rough day for us all. Some of the kids have become outright brazen and it's difficult to deal with. They're right between being 7th and 8th graders and it's been stressful to say the least. Of course, these annoyances tend to make our team grow closer to each other. Last night I went over to the commissary to pick up my two favorite therapists, Dr. Ben and Dr. Jerry. I know eating is not the answer but when I came to work loaded with homemade chocolate chip cookies, chips and salsa, and ice cream I felt like a hero in my team's eyes. We all sat together with our pints of prozac in a circle venting about the things that vex us. I love love love love LOVE my team and I am completely destroyed that I'll be with a different group of teachers next year. Roy and Tino are like my brothers and Catalina and Brenda are like sisters to me. I'll miss our team planning periods, field trips, grumbling about administration, telling each other funny stories about the kids and spending lunches together. Roy and Catalina will be moving to the Yellow track while Brenda and I are looping with the kids to the 8th grade. We both have mixed feelings about it. There will be a lot of estrogen on our next team- ALL WOMEN! We'll see how that goes...

No comments: