Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Old Spaghetti Factory in Tacoma




We went to Tacoma to go shopping for school clothes and while we were in the neighborhood, we stopped by the Old Spaghetti Factory.  I recall eating at the OSF at Ward Warehouse in Hawai'i as a child and later as a young adult.  It's such a great deal!  You always get piping hot sourdough bread with butter, a huge salad with yummy dressing, and a mammoth entree.  The boys always share a spaghetti and meatball.  Yes, singular.  It's the size of a fist and I need only cut it in half before the boys tear into it.  I have to take full advantage of how little the boys are especially in relation to their consumption of food.  My dear friend Theresa has a teenaged son named Thomas John and she says he eats approximately 22,000 calories a day.  No doubt that can be a large percentage of one's income so I have to keep that in mind for the future.  Here's a picture of them:


After the OSF, we made the obligatory stop at Hello, Cupcake. More like, Hello, that's why I've gained 5 pounds since discovering this gem a year ago!  I always get their chocolate-chocolate cupcake.  I also got the carrot cake (Jake Lee's fave) and a sprinkles cake.  If Joe were in tow, we would have gotten German Chocolate since its his favorite (bleh!) and is seasonal-only offered in September.  He wasn't present so I had free reign of cake options.

No comments: