Thursday, September 19, 2013

Early Achievers Conference

Child Care Aware of Washington hosted a two day conference at the Hotel Murano in Tacoma and I had the good fortune to attend. With Joe deployed, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to go since I didn't have anyone to watch the kiddos. Fortunately, Joe's wonderful parents were willing to travel from Michigan and Southern Oregon to help out!  I know how lucky I am to have their support. 

Here's Ann, Kristin, and Karin.  These women are incredible. They are passionate, intelligent, industrious, and kind. I absolutely love them. 

Here is Fran, myself, and Annie. Annie is the executive director of the organization and my boss. She hired me and I work hard every day to ensure that she has no remorse.  She is calm, knowledgeable, patient, grounded, professional, and committed to the cause. She's a wonderful mentor. 

Here's Jean, Connie, Sokha, and Betzy.  They're very supportive and I enjoy working with them. 

This is my girl Kathy!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Kathy!  The mere thought of her laugh makes me smile!  She's so supportive and nurturing.  I'm so fortunate that she has taken me under her wing. 

This is Marissa and I.  I don't know what I would do without Marissa.  She validates my feelings and helps me to feel confident in my decisions. I'm sad she will be moving soon. She'll be difficult to replace. 

Here I am with Lory. I'm lucky to have her. My boys are lucky to have her. I feel very fortunate all around. 

No comments: