I can't believe how quickly time is escaping. April was a whirlwind of events. May will most likely be the same. This Saturday I am hosting a brunch at my house for my phone tree callers. They are so awesome! It amazes me how they always seem to answer the phone and not sigh with grief or resentment when I call with a message. In fact, they are always pleasant and dependable. I truly appreciate all of them! The specifics of the menu are still pending the produce section of the commissary but here is my projected list: California Pizza Kitchen Chinese Chicken Salad, sandwiches and mom's potato salad (YUM!), watermelon, strawberries, honeydew mellon, Joey's cinnamon rolls, and granola yogurt fruit parfaits.
Work is going well. It's really busy but so rewarding. We have back to back trainings almost daily and meetings squeezed between it all. Tomorrow I have a night time training with the Child Development Homes providers about developmental milestones from age 0 to 5. The last training that I provided was developmental milestones of School Age kids which is from age 5-12. So after my long day from 9-6, I have training from 6-8! Yikes!
Joseph's birthday is coming up. I ordered his party invitations and they came in the mail recently. I've been passing them out to parents as I see them in passing. I don't like leaving them in the mailboxes because they're disregarded. This year it will be a pool party at the Bainbridge Island Aquatic Center. Our limit is 20 kids even though I booked a double party. I like having big parties because my Dad ALWAYS threw huge parties for us as kids. I remember having my Kindergarten party at Showbiz (now Chuck-E-Cheese) and inviting my entire class. Even Mrs. Fox, my teacher, was there! I'm continuing the tradition of large-scale parties for my son. I'm renting a helium tank and purchasing turtle mylar balloons and latex balloons to look like turtles swimming in a sea of blues and greens. I'm so excited! I've already purchased all of the favors. I bought beach towels, sand buckets, and flip flops for every guest. The only thing that I haven't figured out is the cake.
Joseph has become my shopping buddy. We met Mary, Jack and Claire in Gig Harbor to shop at the closest Ann Taylor Loft (30 minutes away for me, 1 hour 5 minutes for Mary) and Borders. It was super fun, though! I had a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase and it sure went a long way! Mary, Jack, and Claire had to go to a party so Joseph and I went to Auburn where the nearest Nordstrom Rack is to get some shoes. I scored some sweet coach flats and a pair of BCBG heels. Joseph spent 20 minutes trying on heels with me. It was quite a sight that I'm sure his father would have loved! Then we went to Banana Republic and Ann Taylor to look for some jewelry. YES even Joseph tried on the necklaces, headbands, and bracelets. Maybe when his Daddy comes home, Joseph will change the oil in my car with him to properly orient him back to all things testosterone.
My class has ended and I have a bit of a break until the next one in July. Graduation will be in November (phew!) and I can finally have an MEd after my name on my business cards! I'm doing the running man as I am typing...
There is an HSG reunion at Interlochen this summer for Alumni. I can't wait to go! "Oh, sound the call to dear old Interlochen home of the stately pines..."
2 comments:
That party sounds like a blast. I don't know how you squeeze so much into your days!
tiff,
nobody is going to be sad when they hear your soothing and pleasant voice!
are you the president again or you're the ombusman this time (not sure how to spell it.) you mentioned about the phone tree.
i miss you and believe that joseph's party is gonna be grand! you always host great parties!!!!
Post a Comment