
Later, I went over to Mary's house to bake cookies and bars for our staff at Jackson Park and Bangor school-age care. It was just fun to get together in a non-work place and do something as fun as make cookies. Mary has a lovely house and the drive over to Bainbridge Island was peaceful.
At night, Joseph, Joe, and I accompanied Brandon, Meghan, Amiya, and Brandon's parents to the Point Defiance Zoo where there was a light exhibit. It was a tad cold and wet but we were appropriately dressed and prepared with several umbrellas.
After the zoo, we met Brandon and his family at their house for hot cocoa and Christmas cookies. Since I had spent the day making cookies (and tasting here and there) I wanted nothing to do with the treats. The company, on the other hand, was a pleasure, as always!
I have one more week left until this class is over! It blows my mind that I only have two more classes left until the program is over! Thank goodness! I'm going a little crazy being a mother, having a full-time job, being a full-time graduate student, AND being the ombudsman for Joey's command. Life is getting a little hectic and it's sometimes hard to stop and smell the roses.
No comments:
Post a Comment