Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!









This year for Thanksgiving we were able to make it over to Nana and Poppy's in Oregon. It was a long drive but well worth the trip! In addition to seeing Nana and Poppy, we saw our cousins, uncles and aunts, and great Nana! Aunt Lyn, Uncle Paul, Matthew, and Bobby came from San Jose, Uncle Ron and Joan came from Los Angeles, and Nana came from the next town over.

Dinner was so delicious! Nana made the juiciest turkey, gravy, and stuffing, aunt Lyn made silky mashed potatoes, and great Nana made homemade pie and the best yams in the world! We all ate until we could hardly breath! It was perfect!

I think the best part about it was getting to know my cousins Matthew and Bobby. Those two night owls kept me up crazy hours talking about all kinds of things! I didn't realize how much we had in common even though there is a slight age difference (greater than I would like to admit- gosh I'm getting old!)

Another totally awesome thing was playing cool games with the family. We played Apples to Apples and Cranium. Bobby remains the Apples to Apples champion while Bobby, Joey and I took the title for Cranium because of my mad Japanese skills.

Thanksgiving was pretty terrific this year! I am really excited that we live so much closer to lots of family members.

No comments: