Monday, July 27, 2009

Benihana=Yummihana!

We recommend the Garlic Fried Rice

Check out that action!

Joe said, "We're such mushroom heads!" when I told him that my favorite part was the shiitake mushrooms! He said, "Yah! We love mushrooms with everything!" We're made for each other!

Tonight we went to Benihana at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for dinner. It was so yummy! Joseph was not as thrilled as we thought he'd be. When Blake, our Tepanyaki Chef, busted out the best trick in the book (the volcano) Joseph went completely wild! He jumped out of his seat and ran away crying. Poor thing probably didn't get a good nap at school. After that, however, everything went smoother. He enjoyed watching his food being cooked even though they were not cooking chicken nuggets.

On a separate note, because Ms. Judelyn suspected Joseph had an eye infection, we had to see Dr. Chan-Ikeda (our FAVORITE doctor) so Joseph could attend school tomorrow. He was weighed and measured and we found out our big boy is 40.5 inches and 36 pounds. He's in the 47th percentile for weight and 48th percentile for height which is exactly where I hoped he'd be! Being in the middle is just great! Growing up I was always larger than average and that was difficult to say the least. I'm so relieved that my son is "normal." Not too tall, not too short. Not too heavy, not too light! Juuuuuuuuuuuuust perfect! I didn't need a scale to tell me that, though!

It turned out that Joseph just had an allergic reaction to the mango tree pollen out here. Hopefully that'll go away when we move since I'm certain mangoes are not a frequently grown fruit up there in the Northwest. =)

1 comment:

Darth Mama said...

cute, about the mushrooms. i didn't know you were moving! I will still keep up with you, though. I look forward to reading about your new adventures.