Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wedding in Hillsboro

Mel, Taryn, me (with my Gummy Bear), and Vera.

Beautiful bride Nicole with Vera, Mel, and I.

On Sunday I drove all the way to Hillsboro (3 hours away) to see a friend from middle school get married. She is an amazing person. Everyone should know someone like Nicole. When I was in the 7th grade and she was an 8th grader, a bully took my camera away from me because I took a picture of her that she thought would be unflattering. Nicole got the camera back for me saving me from having to explain the $100 loss to my mother. Then, when we were in high school, she found out that my dad was sick and made me 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies to make me feel better! She was working as a social worker when she decided to pursue a career in law. With law school and the Bar behind her, she's starting a new life with her husband, Chris, in Portland. She is an incredible friend and I have no doubt she will make an incredible mother.

Taryn flew in from Hawaii because she was a bridesmaid. She extended her trip so she could meet Jacob and hang out with us for a bit. We had Vera, her husband Blayne, and Melissa over for dinner the next night. I busted out the banquet/prom portraits and we all had a good laugh. I dropped Taryn off and miss her already.

No comments: