Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lakeside Party
















I must say Washington can be utterly gorgeous when it wants to be! It was a balmy 82 degrees today. Joseph spent a majority of the summer with Nana and Poppy in Southern Oregon. We picked him up this past Saturday. I told my mom in the car how I was going to try my very hardest not to cry because I didn't want to freak Joseph out. Of course my emotions got the best of me and I sobbed as I held him in my arms. I'm tearing up now thinking about it. I just absolutely missed him. He looks so different- so grown up! I'm so grateful that he had this opportunity to be away from me for an extended period of time. It is preparing him for his summers at Interlochen :) Still, it was incredibly difficult for me. Apparently it was more difficult for me than it was for him. He was busy enjoying himself. I am fortunate that his Nana and Poppy are so young and energetic and that they can handle his seemingly endless supply of cheer and chatter. They didn't realize how loquacious he is! It seemed to escape my memory but I soon remembered how much he likes to talk when we were stuck (ahem) I mean spending so much time in the car on our ride back home. In any case, he wanted to have a welcome home party to celebrate his return. I was going to rent a bouncy house but I got an email from Joe pleading that I attempt to restrain myself. After all, there still is back to school shopping to budget for. Joseph had very specific requests. Pizza and popsicles for food and lots and lots of friends. We accomplished both! It was a beautiful day and a great way to celebrate my big boy's homecoming!

1 comment:

aunt choody said...

Way to go North-West!