
When I was about to pop I was daydreaming about what life would be like on maternity leave. I had visions of cleaning, organizing, reading... perhaps I'd even have time to try out some new recipes to make for Joey when he returns from patrol. Three words: WHAT A JOKE! These past 6 weeks have flown by incredibly fast and I have almost NOTHING to show for it! No sequin-studded stocking, no completely organized bathroom (or ANY room for that matter), no NOTHING! Instead I am a ball of tired mush with a grossly reduced IQ. I do, however, know EVERYTHING that's been going on in the world these past couple of months. I've been glued to the news and it's completely depressing. I don't remember my parents ever being this fearful for the future of our country, our environment, our economy, our government, our world... I'm beginning to feel badly about bringing Jacob into this terrible place! Famine, discord, violence, bankruptcy, terror, sadness...
Work today was uneventful. It was nice to be around adults and see that people were happy to have me back. I look forward to getting back into the swing of things.
Joseph is at Nana and Poppy's and even though I miss him more than I can express in words, he is having such a good time that I am happy for him. I can't wait to get him back and give him a million hugs and a million smooches! I know as soon as he comes back, he'll ask when he can go back to Nana and Poppy's. They make it so much fun for him! So far he's been camping, they went to a fair, he's been enrolled in swim lessons, he goes on long bike rides, he swims in the back yard, they read, he helps prepare dinner, he watches squirrely dudes on the back porch, he plays with Haley, he visits Great Nana and Great Poppy, he spends time with his FAVORITE uncle James... what a lucky kid! I wish I had grandparents like Joe and Lory!
2 comments:
He's adorable! So glad you've had such great help with Joseph. :) Good luck getting back in to work.
Jacob is adorable...those lips just kill me! Don't feel bad about not accomplishing anything on maternity leave...I had those same great ideas and nothing was done. In fact this summer break was suppose to be for organizing, cleaning, blah, blah, blah and I all have to show for it is a sunburn! Good luck getting back into the swing of things!
Post a Comment