Now that I've had the last of my three baby showers, I want to share a little bit about each one. First, I'm so touched by the generosity of the people around me! I've only known these people for less than two years and yet they are so giving of themselves!
My fist shower was in April. It was really amazing! It was Panda-themed which is awesome because I think pandas are the coolest bears. The food was all Asian-inspired. Crab mondoo, fried rice, egg rolls, gyoza, tangy chicken, GREEN sorbet punch (yummy!), and the coolest panda cake! The center-piece included a Panda Bear board book (which I got to keep), stuffed panda key chains, and fortune cookies. The decorations were lanterns, with black, white and green Mylar balloons. It was really incredible. One game required guests to construct, using baby magazine pictures, what they thought my little man would look like. There were some FAR OUT pictures and it was pretty funny. The next activity required guests to draw on quilt squares. I choose my favorite and the winner got a prize. The squares will be made into a quilt for baby in the future. Grace is busy in graduate school at the University of Washington and if she gets it done before my little man turns one, I'll be completely grateful! Thank you Grace and Candi for such an amazing shower! I got clothes, diapers, and a lot of essentials that I really needed!
My second shower was also in April. Mary hosted this one. It was at Monica's Waterfront Cafe in Silverdale. We feasted on stuffed croissants (ham and Swiss, bacon and cheddar, portobello mushroom and sun-dried tomato), Ranger cookies, and pomegranate-blueberry punch. The center pieces were pansies in terracotta pots that lined the middle of the table. Mary had three fun games. The first required guests to fold or tear a blue napkin behind their backs to make a onesie. It was hilarious, for sure! The products were as varied as they were creative! The second one required guests to put a plate on their head and draw a baby. Some of the babies looked like Picasso pieces but it made it all the more fun! The third game, and perhaps my favorite, was a worksheet in which people had to match a language with the word baby. I surprisingly did quite well although I was no match for School Liaison Officer, Dr. Heather Carrell, who missed just a few. I scored more baby necessities like 2 bathtubs, bath products, clothes, blankets, and toys. I got Joseph didn't fare too poorly, either! He scored a monkey swinging toy, a Lego racing toy, Toy Story Operation, and building blocks (that he's supposed to share with little man when he turns 2).
My third shower was at work. The ladies that I work with are amazing cooks and all brought a delectable variety of culinary specialties. Chicken adobo, sushi rice, pancit, lumpia, fresh fruit, cakes, fried chicken, and so, so, so, so much more! The director bought a cake and there were plenty of sweets to graze on all day. Every time I went into the lounge, people encouraged me to take another plate. What could I do? I couldn't very well be rude, could I? The staff chipped in together and raised almost $300 in cash! I think that will go straight to diapers and wipes! I also got some really cute baby outfits and baby supplies.
My heart is absolutely swollen with gratitude. I can't believe how generous people can be! It makes me feel so good that my little man will be entering a community of such loving people.
No comments:
Post a Comment