This week I am TDY (Temporary Duty) in Whidbey Island miles away from my family. The drive over was insane! I've never felt like more of an adult! I had to drive on the ferry and to the island all by myself. I had to remember to print out and bring my orders. I had to check into the NGIS all by myself and find my room all by myself! The next morning I went to the conference all by myself! I feel stronger and more mature. It's been a couple of days and now Mary has joined me during the days commuting from Bainbridge Island.
I am so happy that Mary is back. I haven't seen her in 2.5 weeks! Too long if you ask me! Her, Paul, and the kids had an amazing time in California. She said she's now considering San Diego as a future duty station. Boo! I think they should stay in Washington forever!
My beautiful sister is 6 1/2 months pregnant! I've seen some pictures and she looks so great! I went to the Whidbey Island Navy Exchange (a little better than the Bangor and Bremerton ones) and got the little guy 2 pairs of Quicksilver board shorts since he'll be living in paradise when he turns 1! What little guy living in Hawaii doesn't need a pair of stylin' swim shorts? Dominic or Nicholas will be a surfer for sure just like his Grandpa!
Tomorrow is my last day and I can't WAIT to see my baby boy! Joe and I have iPhones and have been talking with Face Time. I love kissing my Joseph and seeing his beautiful face.
No comments:
Post a Comment