Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wye Lake Joy

Forrest has such an endearing sense of humor.

Natalie splashing around with her doll.

The water's so clear you can see your legs and feet!

Meghan is pretending to be camera-shy.

Natalie and Jack

Joseph in his element. He's a reincarnated fish, I am sure.



This past weekend was a scorcher here in Western Washington. It got into the upper 90s and it was quite unpleasant. Joe and I had a lot of work to do around the house so we decided to stay home instead of camping. At the end of the day, we had a clean(er) house but hadn't spent any time outside in the "beautiful" weather. We invited out seasonal neighbors, the Hume ohana, to the community lake for a barbecue. Joey lugged the Smokey Joe Jr. grill, Bubba Burgers, a cooler of drinks, condiments, and fruit all the way over to the lakefront. The kids went swimming for over 3 hours. I hadn't planned on going in the water but no one would let me get away with not going in so I had to return home to retrieve my swimsuit and towels. The water was frigid but perhaps that was because my skin was so hot. Joseph had a great time hanging out with Meghan, Jack, and Natalie and Joe and I had a blast with Cheryl and Forrest.

1 comment:

aunt choody said...

It is so beautiful there!