Saturday, October 3, 2009

Letters


Joseph and I have so busy lately with work and school. We still love it over here even though the weather recently has been a complete mystery. Only a week into the autumn season and it's down to 44 degrees in the middle of the day. Burrrrr! In the shade I feel like I'm in a freezer but in the sun, it's nice and toasty.

We got a card from grandma in Hawaii and Joseph loved it! He's been wanting mail lately and it was nice to hand him something that was actually sent to him by someone other than the bank. We read it over and over and over and over and then put it on the wall.

I enrolled Joseph in Kumon Jr. a couple of weeks ago. Taryn's cousin's son attended and was accepted to Punahou and even though that's off the table for us, I thought a little enrichment couldn't hurt. I initially wanted him to attend the math and reading sessions but I'm lucky this kid sits still for the reading assignments! Perhaps in the future, we may consider adding the math sessions. His teacher's name is Joy. She's very patient and gives him a lot of praise which I think is essential for student success. He sees Joy on Mondays and Thursdays and the rest of the week we work together on "homework" assignments. He seems to think it's fun. If it ever turns into a negative experience, I think I'll take him out of it.

Joseph said that he doesn't want to be Handy Manny for Halloween anymore. Great. I've already purchased everything for his costume! Even the construction boots from Payless! $27.00 right there down the tube! He wants to be the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz. They learned about it in school. I think I'll be Dorothy and Joey can be the Scarecrow. And Emi can be Toto.

Hmmm... Today we went to the Supermall of the Northwest. I think that's what it's called. I needed to return something from Ann Taylor (buyer's remorse) and I got some cute stuff from Nordstrom's Rack for my trip to Connecticut in a couple of weeks. Joseph played at the "Christmas Tree" playground mall and we shared a pretzel together. It was fun!

No comments: