Okay, I've finally found something that I absolutely abhor about Washington. I thought this place was perfect but, c'mon, this is ME we're talking about and I can find fault with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. I revel at the opportunity to criticize; it's a hobby, passion and dare I say- OBSESSION. In any case here it is: Amazon.com is where I've been buying books, toys, kitchen gadgets, anything and everything galore. WELL did you know that Washington is one of a few states that attaches a sales tax to orders?! There I was, at the aforementioned site previewing my order for the latest scholarship check drainer. I mean, eh hum TEXTBOOK, SuperVision and Instructional Leadership: A Developmental Approach (8th Edition) as well as Chris Botti in Boston CD/DVD and there it was! Subtotal, shipping (free, of course) and WHAT? Tax? No way! Sure enough, there it was in black and white. Soon the blood rushed to my face and my world was spinning... How could this be? Christmases yet to come, birthdays, anniversaries... how will I be able to shop for anything and everything galore, with free shipping, minus sales tax? Well, the answer is that those days are behind me and I've been sent into a downward spiral of denial and regret.
Okay, being a little over-dramatic. I'm sitting and thinking of all the wonderful things that counter-act this hideous blemish:
1. trees, trees, and more trees!
2. cold weather and intermittent torrential downpour (love, love, LOVE it!!!!)
3. proximity to one of the coolest metropolitan cities in the WORLD
4. beautiful, spacious, inexpensive, and brand-new house
5. no water or sewer bill :)
6. Gap Outlet
7. Victoria's Secret (minus shipping fees)
8. the coolest public library system, ever!
9. most awesome-est job on the face of the earth!
So, have I told you that I have the most amazing job in the world? Well, in addition to complainer-extraordinaire, I suppose I am also an exaggerator. However, it feels like I have the coolest job ever! First of all, Joseph goes to school where I work. If I wanted to spend my lunch hour with him, I totally could! It also makes the commute a little more convenient. Also, here's what Friday was like:
-Drop off Joseph in Miss Betty's room
-Hung around talking story to a co-worker
-Read some accreditation stuff
-Met Mary (my long-lost twin sister)
-Sat in on training (okay that was a bit of a snore but there was lots of candy to keep me up)
-Spent an hour cuddling a deliciously rotund little girl in the infant room
-Picked up Joseph from his class
-On the way home, I got to hear all the stories of what his day was like
I totally love my job! Hopefully as my responsibilities grow, I'll find it even more enjoyable.
No comments:
Post a Comment