Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ala Moana






We're in the process of selling our house. The buyers scheduled a home inspection from 2 until 5:30pm. It is always difficult finding things to do for that period of time so we decided to go to the mall and look around. First we went to Kahala Mall but that was too small for Joseph and we went through the whole thing in a matter of minutes. Additionally, he kept asking where the fish ponds were. He had Kahala and Ala Moana mixed up. So we picked up and went to Ala Moana. It was great to see the new stores. I ran into a friend who works at Williams Sonoma and she said that they are scheduling to open a Victorias Secret soon! I can finally stop asking my mother in law and sister to hook me up with panties from VS because I'll have one of my own! Every time we go on a trip you'd better believe that I take advantage of the 5 for $25 deal! I always make sure that I have enough panties for an entire month without doing laundry. When I buy new ones, I rotate older ones out. I also ran into an old rival from high school. Well, we weren't really rivals but we were always competing in the same flute competitions. She looks so happy and is doing very well. It always makes me happy to hear of people who are doing well. Then I ran into someone else from high school. His dad was my drivers ed teacher. I explained to him about how I often think of his father when I'm driving. I also confessed that his dad made me run out of the car to chase a hubcap that had rolled off of the car after I tuned into a curb. As I was retrieving the absconding article, I received thunderous applause from the construction workers who were working on a nearby house. Not one of my finest moments. I love introducing Joseph to people because I am so proud of him!

First we went to Shirokiya to pick up a snack. Joseph chose a chocolate biscuit instead of his usual chocolate mushrooms. We went to the fish pond to sit and enjoy our snack. My mom and I both brought all of our pennies so he could throw them in. He loves doing that.

After Ala Moana, we went to redeem Joseph's Book-It certificate for a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. When I was in school, Book-It was the best excuse for my family to eat out! I was a voracious reader (Sweet Valley High, Babysitters Club, and Nancy Drew were among my favorite) and flew through those buttons. Remember those Book It buttons with the 5 stars? I remenisced with the manager at the counter about the buttons and she told me a funny story about how her daughter got her in trouble from the teacher. The teacher told the students that if they wanted pizza, they had to read books. The daughter of this manager told the teacher that she didn't have to read because if she wanted pizza, her mom would bring it home from work. Ha ha ha! That's so funny! In any case, Joseph brought the certificate up to the counter himself and asked for a cheese pizza.

No comments: