Friday, December 25, 2015

Retreat at Seabrook Resort

To assist in ushering in a new fiscal year in addition to celebrating the tremendous achievements of the previous one, I organized a retreat for the Early Achievers team at Seabrook- a Washington Coast vacation destination.  

We had an aggressive agenda.  The days were full of imagining and planning for the next year.  We laughed and cried.  We deepened and strengthened both our working and personal relationships.  It was an incredible experience, and it was yet another reinforcement of the knowledge that I have so much for which to be thankful. An utterly fulfilling career, talented, inspiring, and intelligent colleagues, and being driven by the promise of improving thousands of children's lives.  Luckiest girl, EVER!


One of two master bedrooms in this oceanfront cottage.

Here is the living room.  We used it as a meeting space.  The view from the oversized windows provided wonderful inspiration for completing our tasks.

This was the bathroom downstairs that I used.  It was so pretty I didn't want to use it.  This feeling subsided shortly after realizing that the summer heat accompanied by my aversion to deodorant wouldn't make me a popular roommate with my three co-workers.

Bunk beds on BOTH sides of the room!  I was on the top, of course.  It was even more fun than it looks.

Here's the living room downstairs next to the room with bunk beds.  A foosball table, Play Station (no thanks), arcade-size pinball machine, flatscreen television, and family-friendly DVD collection make this an attractive prospect for future family rentals.


Here is the view from the porch outside at sunset.


I loved that we took turns cooking meals.  It provided an opportunity for us to deepen our appreciation of each other's non-work talents and interests.

No comments: