Thursday, March 22, 2012

March Catch-Up

One of my FAVORITE musicals growing up was "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." I own the soundtrack. I sing along and know every word. I was in it. I watched it. It's one of my favorites... When I found out that Joseph's district was producing the play at the local high school, I knew my man and I had a date together! He loved, loved, loved, LOVED it! He laughed and smiled and was on the edge of his seat for the entire two hours. Best $16.25 I've spent! We got gussied up and talked about theater etiquette. When to clap, when to whisper, when to cheer, when to use the restroom, what to flickering lights mean, what an intermission is, where the orchestra sits... He was full of questions and I was glad that I was full of answers!

Here's the view from my desk of Randi. She's my friend at work and I'm so grateful to have her to make me laugh all day. She's the little sister that I ALWAYS wanted! We talk about our babies, husbands, childhoods... our partner in crime, Theresa, is also part of our comedic group. How many calories do you burn laughing! No wonder we're all SO skinny!

Here are the boys taking their first bath together. They surprisingly BOTH love it! I knew Jacob would but even Joseph likes it. I think he enjoys the company.

Here's the quiche that I made for breakfast. Joe loves it. I love it. It has Swiss cheese in it (yuck) but I still totally love it! Anything with onions and bacon are a sure hit for me. This picture is a mere representation of a new friendship that has been forged. Joseph has been incessantly mentioning his bestest buddy Caleb since the first day of school. I knew that we lived close because the two boys sit together on the school bus. After Joseph's pleas for a playmate, I composed a letter to Caleb's mother hoping that she'd respond and be halfway normal. She responded and it turns out we have several friends in common! Also, they live 1 minute away from us! They actually put an offer in on our house before we did! They'd viewed it and wanted to purchase it but ended up with a house 1 minute away! Coincidentally, she had been trying to get a teaching job at the CDC but for some reason hadn't been called in for an interview. She's ridiculously overqualified, of course with the majority of her Masters Degree completed. I wrote to my friend who just so happened to be conducting interviews the next day and they were able to interview and ultimately offer a position to her! Anyway, she had the boys over a while ago for brunch and she made this delicious quiche. I HAD to have the recipe. Mmmm! It's really good! Isn't it a small world? I really love Caleb and his parents! I'm so happy Joseph has a best friend in the neighborhood!

Just another picture of Joseph and I at the theater.

No comments: