Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Fun






My poor little pirate is sick, sick, sick! I don't think he's been this sick in years and of COURSE it has to happen on the coolest night on earth! We rested all day in hopes that his condition would improve but just before we left to go Trick-Or-Treating we took his temperature again and it was 101.6 AGAIN. We drove to a densely populated subdivision where we could take two steps between houses and planned to set a 15 minute limit on the fun. 15 minutes turned into 60 minutes... bad, bad, bad, BAD mother. He was having so much fun! When we got home it was 2 treats (that turned into 4), teeth brushing, and 20 minutes of reading time. I'll cross my fingers that he'll be okay tomorrow morning so he can get back to school. I think about all the learning that he's missing out on and it drives me NUTS!

As you can see, Jacob was a teddy bear. It's really convenient having two kids with the same birthday. He will fit ALL of Joseph's costumes. Here's a brief listing of Jacob's future as a Trick-or-Treater: 1.5 years- Cowboy, 2.5 years- Physician (scrubs sewn with my very OWN sewing machine!), 3.5 years- Thomas the Tank Engine, 4.5 years- Handy Manny, 5.5 years- Buzz Lightyear, 6.5 years- Captain Hook. Thank goodness he wasn't a girl! What would I have done?

No comments: