Sunday, December 5, 2010

Growing Family


In the middle of October we found out that we were going to have another baby! We've been waiting until the end of the first trimester to tell anyone and since I am officially 13 weeks as of yesterday, I am going public! This ultrasound was taken at 12 weeks and 4 days but the baby is already taking true Stutesman form by being a little bigger than average.

Incredibly, I am actually due on June 11 which was when Joseph was due! I was induced on the 9th and had him on the 10th of June.

We wanted to wait until the last possible second to tell Joseph about the baby but he's such a little smarty that he figured it out himself. One day in the car he just asked, "Mommy, are you going to have a baby?" I couldn't believe that he had just asked me that out of the blue! I told him and he appeared excited. Since then he hasn't been inundating us with the barrage of questions as I had initially anticipated and feared. Once in a while he'll ask a question and it'll make me smile because it shows that he's thinking about his future with a sibling. He asked, "Where is the baby going to live?" and "Are you going to love the baby, too?" He said he wants to sell his bed so we can buy a bunk bed for him and his brother or sister. Such a cutie pie! He's already thinking about the fun he will have with him or her. I hope he's not too disappointed when the baby is here and he realizes that he's going to have to wait a long time before he can actually play with him or her.

The first 10 or so weeks were spent with my head permanently stuck in the toilet. I don't remember feeling this bad with Joseph. I have also been experiencing severe fatigue. Sometimes I just lie in bed without even sleeping but I feel so drained of energy that I can't manage to get up. Recently, I've regained my strength and appetite. Thank goodness!

We're excited about the next 7 months and can't wait to meet this little person! I want it to fly by but I know as soon as it's here, I'll wish that I had savored the last of our lives as a family of three.

No comments: