Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mish-Mash

Caveat: This post is a pitiful mess of events that have occurred over the past two weeks. No organization here just non-sequential dribble.

I'm in love with Fiona at the Seaport Salon in Silverdale. In LOVE! I want to marry her and have her wake up with me in the morning so she can do my hair before I leave the house. I LOVE her! I was afraid of looking like I was running for office with a super-short 'do but she made it work!


I wore these shoes at a wedding with Wayne last summer in Hawai`i. I loved them then and I still LOVE LOVE LOVE them! They're so comfortable and I don't feel like I'm going to fall over- a major plus!

All I have to say is, "boy, do I need some SUN!" I looked for my dress EVERYWHERE! I tried this one on when I went to the Tacoma Mall but couldn't bring myself to pay $200. In utter desperation, I called from Oregon to see if I could buy it over the phone after looking EVERYWHERE for a better (cheaper) dress. I got so many compliments on it and I suppose I'm glad that I ended up wearing it.

Look at my handsome husband! He's such a major cutie-pie! He hasn't had to wear his dress blues since he lived in Connecticut. They're not even blue! What's up with that?

Joseph has started school at Brownsville Elementary. He's in all day Kindergarten and I didn't realize prior to moving to Washington that there was anything other than all day Kindergarten. Why wouldn't you want your child to go to school all day? Unfortunately, here we have to PAY for all day Kindergarten and it's actually quite costly. We had to submit a deposit of $1,000 and every month we have to pay $225. I don't understand why I have to pay in the first place. THEN I have to pay the YMCA $305 a month to take care of him after school. He really likes it though. His favorite part is riding the bus from Cottonwood Elementary to Brownsville in the morning. With all of the other activities, you'd think that he'd have a different favorite. Oh well.


Oh. My. Gosh! I don't know what is happening to the days and months! I've been completely consumed with the millions of things going on around me. I missed Joe's dad's birthday (happy belated birthday, Joe!) in July then his mom's birthday (happy birthday, Lory) in August! After a summer of being the worst and most ungrateful daughter-in-law on planet earth I'm not sure how I can live with myself! Between transitioning to kindergarten, working, studying and vacation planning I haven't quite been myself. I've lost 3 pounds, though! I guess stress can be a good thing sometimes!

As you can see from our pictures above, Joe and I went to the Ombudsman Appreciation Dinner. It was my third appreciation dinner but the first one in Washington. It was SO formal! In Hawaii I could get away with wearing my flip-flops. Here it's like a MAJOR event. I dropped Joseph off at the Litehouse and it was a bit weird. For an entire year I've been telling the staff about my son and since he's finally "school-aged" he got to play at the Litehouse School Age Care Center. Don't ask me why it's spelled incorrectly; shouldn't it be spelled correctly since it's for students? In any case he had a blast and fell asleep the second we started the car and headed home. He loved it and can't wait until winter camp when he can spend more time there.

It's been a crazy summer and we're really going to end it with a BANG! We are planning a vacation to DISNEYWORLD! Actually, we're done planning and will be enjoying the fruits of our labor next Friday! So exciting! I'm hoping we can get our Christmas card picture in front of Epcot or the Magical Kingdom. We'll see!

I did lots of shopping in tax-free Oregon. Got some cool kicks from the Sketchers store for Joey, StrideRite for Joseph, and more cute clothes at the Ann Taylor Outlet! We went to Woodburn Outlet and spent a good 3 hours there before heading home on Labor Day. The entire Ann Taylor store was a whopping 40% off! I scored some sweet earrings and three tops. I could have stayed there ALL day. Good thing Joey pried me away from Banana Republic before I made a complete and disgusting mess of our budget.

No comments: