Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hearts and Butterflies

An impressive spectacle, these two blush at the mention of each other. They're so complementary it makes me want to yack all over the place. Yack hearts and butterflies, that is!

Riding bare-back with the equestrian-extraordinaire.


While in Oregon, I had the opportunity to meet James' girlfriend, Laura. I must admit that I was skeptical having had the 4-1-1 on her prior to actually knowing her. I guess what threw me off the most was her age: 23! Nearly 10 years her senior, James has always worried me in terms of his potential mate. Years ago, I told him, "James, I really hope I like whoever you marry." This is because she and I will undoubtedly become lifetime acquaintances at worst and sisters at best. This was when I was worried about who would come around and take advantage of my mellow, intelligent, and kind brother-in-law. I no longer fret over James' future happiness. I know that these two will live for each other, continue to uplift each other, and inspire others together.

It's worth mentioning, however, that Laura was CAUTIONED about my inquisitiveness by not one but TWO people: James and Lory. Thanks a lot, guys! Now I know how you REALLY feel about me. That's fine. When I want to know something, I ask. I'm not ashamed. I'm actually quite self-assured. If they don't want to tell me, they don't answer. Some people find my candor disarming (no ulterior motives here- it's all out in front of you). Others are incredulous. That's okay; we don't have to be friends.

I'm already shopping for a wedding dress. Lory suspects the joyful event will take place next June. I don't think they can possibly wait that long. I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen in the next 6 months. :)

No comments: