Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gone Fishing

Our star fisherman is showing off his catch of the day.



The fishing bridge.

The beautiful lake.

True story: Joseph, Joey and I went fishing at the lake where we were camping. I had just purchased a fishing license but the two boys have had theirs for a while now. Joseph and his Cars fishing pole have never had too much luck partly because he typically abandons his post shortly after Dad has hooked a worm. We sat in the sun for about 3.5 hours and marveled at adjacent sportsman catching their 5-fish quota. Suddenly we were informed that Joseph's line had made its way under the bridge. Joey reeled it in to recast the line (and rebate it) when we all noticed that there was something on the other end! It had been a while since our neighbors had caught anything and Joseph's conquest seemed more conspicuous. Joseph was elated; he danced around yelling and cheering completely unconcerned with the chagrin of onlookers shaking their heads. Joey oiled that bad boy up, seasoned him with garlic, and tossed him on the grill for dinner. Joseph studied the glossy steaming carcass with disgust. I tried it (bleh) and will never EVER be fishing again! Joseph and I will be sticking with fish sticks henceforth.

No comments: