On Trident submarines it's a tradition for family members to create calendar pages for the sailors while they are on patrol. Spouses sign up for a day and they organize them in order to show the whole crew daily. I was the very last person to sign up so I just took all the days that were left over. The crew may get sick of seeing pictures of us but if we didn't take them all, no one would have made anything for those days. (That's how I justify it and make myself feel like less of a dork).
Someone I work with helped me learn how to use the Cricut that Lory gave me for Christmas and I haven't stopped since! That thing is amazing! I feel so confident with it, I went to Joanns and got a refund for that workshop that I signed up for! $20 back, baby! When I was using it, Joe was even surprised at how totally cool that thing is!
Yes, April 8 is a bit weird. I wanted to post pictures that other people would enjoy as well. Joe has talked about how gorgeous J-Lo is and recently he's been talking about Taylor Swift. Who doesn't love that little cutie pie? I think Carrie Underwood is pretty so I put that there. I had many pictures from which to chose since Mary and I are trading gossip magazines. I subscribe to People and she subscribes to In Touch. We trade since the darn things are so expensive! She also shares her Working Mother and Kiplinger and I share my Newsweek. It was a match made in Human Resources heaven, if you ask me.
The page with Joseph as a baby has the lyrics to "All My Loving" since I heard it on the radio the day I was putting it together and it seemed to fit.
On a separate note, Mary and I just completed a 2 day training at Fort Lewis. We were deeply inspired by what we learned. We have so many ideas to bring back to the staff at Naval Base Kitsap. We love networking and learning things from other programs. Summer programs are currently in planning mode and we can really have a positive impact on the outcome! So exciting!!!
1 comment:
You are so brave.
Post a Comment