It has been a long time since I've updated this blog. School and work have really REALLY been kicking my butt! Thankfully, I have intersession coming up and I can catch up on some much needed reading, sleeping, and goofing around. Today we TRIED to go to China Town to celebrate the year of the Ox buuuuuuuuut there was absolutely NO parking in the Municipal building!!! We got there at 10am and the event started at 9am! The roads were blocked off and it took forever to get anywhere. I'm sad we didn't get to go because I remember going to Chinatown as a child during the new year. It was just too hectic! Joey was dying for some good Chinese food so we decided to go to Pauoa Chop Suey. We had my dad's memorial lunch there and I remember the food being super good. Since we were in the Pauoa area I decided it was finally time to face the music and visit my dad's grave. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I hadn't been there since before the headstone was installed- nearly a year ago. Joseph thought we were visiting grandpa and his questions were just too much for me to handle. I can't believe how difficult it is, even now. We left and went home for a nap. Joseph and I slept from 12 until 4! When we got up, Joey made soft pretzels for us! Yummy... they were really good.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Kung Hee Fat Choy
It has been a long time since I've updated this blog. School and work have really REALLY been kicking my butt! Thankfully, I have intersession coming up and I can catch up on some much needed reading, sleeping, and goofing around. Today we TRIED to go to China Town to celebrate the year of the Ox buuuuuuuuut there was absolutely NO parking in the Municipal building!!! We got there at 10am and the event started at 9am! The roads were blocked off and it took forever to get anywhere. I'm sad we didn't get to go because I remember going to Chinatown as a child during the new year. It was just too hectic! Joey was dying for some good Chinese food so we decided to go to Pauoa Chop Suey. We had my dad's memorial lunch there and I remember the food being super good. Since we were in the Pauoa area I decided it was finally time to face the music and visit my dad's grave. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I hadn't been there since before the headstone was installed- nearly a year ago. Joseph thought we were visiting grandpa and his questions were just too much for me to handle. I can't believe how difficult it is, even now. We left and went home for a nap. Joseph and I slept from 12 until 4! When we got up, Joey made soft pretzels for us! Yummy... they were really good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment