Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Zoo-per Time!


Today we went to the Honolulu Zoo.  I'd been hearing some great things about it lately and it's been a few months since we've been there.  Here's why it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be: First, it was a H-O-T day!  I found myself in the shade, drinking cold water, fanning myself and still dripping with sweat.  Second, Joseph was kind of restless.  We had already been to our swim lesson earlier so he was a tad on the tired side.  Initially, he was excited to see everything but as soon as we caught a glimpse of it he was like, "Okay!  Vroooom, vrooooom (his way of pretending he's driving a car instead of sitting in a stroller)  Let's go Daddy! What's next?" Third, the animals were all on strike or something!  Joe and I snickered thinking about how the Zoo could actually not have any animals and be watching us looking for tigers and rhinos laughing to themselves, "Oh, those trusting fools!"  In the end, I suppose it was a great day because we got to do something a little different and spend time together.  Joseph was a little sad that there wasn't any school today, however.  I assured him that tomorrow, we would certainly be going to school!  That cheered him up.
The only animal that wasn't on strike- The giraffes!  

We may have been spent more time at the playground than the entire Zoo altogether!  He does love a good slide, though.  There were SO many kids!  I was like, "C'mon people!  Get out and vote or something!"  It felt like everyone and their dentist's family was there!
Joseph asked me to hand the coins to him as he was feeding the meter.  As I handed him the last nickel, he looked over at me, smiled, and said, "You my special helper, ya mommy!?"  Poor thing was almost completely smooshed when I collapsed in hearty laughter and pulled him tight to my chest.  Moments like these are just priceless!  I really have no idea how I got SO lucky!  I'm scared to have another child because I don't know how I could possibly have two angels!  I feel like he's one in a ooga-mega-gazillion.  What if the next one were... normal?  How terribly disappointing!  Hopefully, I'd love it just the same, though.

After the Zoo, we HAD to cool off with some shave ice!  Yummy!  We went to Waiola Shave Ice store.  I have been going there since I was a little baby.  I think I've decided that Matsumoto's better.  The mochi balls are not sweet enough and the syrup is a little watered down.  :(  It was still very refreshing.

No comments: