This year Joseph wanted to be Steve from Minecraft, but there weren't any costumes available at any online or local brick and mortar retailers. I went online and found instructions and digital files for printing the Minecraft skins, but when I sent them to Staples for printing, the head alone would have cost $80! Then, I went where I SHOULD have started in the first place- Etsy. The result is what you see here.
The boys had a terrific time! We went with Jacob's friend, Leyna, and the boy collected more candy than they had the ability to consume! They separated their loot and gave a majority of the sugary confections to the Great Pumpkin in return for a prize.
It usually rains, but I was grateful that it did not this year. Next year we're going to try to stay in our own neighborhood so we can maximize the time before it becomes too dark outside.

No comments:
Post a Comment