Even if I didn't believe in our mission (which couldn't be further from the truth) I'd be content hanging out in my position because my colleagues are like sisters, aunts, mothers, friends, teachers, and mentors to me. They are a dynamic group of hugely talented professionals. A major fear I have is that they will ever not be completely certain how much I absolutely appreciate their sacrifice, patience, flexibility, humor, and effort. If they ever feel unappreciated or unsupported, I would feel like I have failed as a leader.
As we wind down on year two if our Race to the Top EarlyLearning Challenge grant, I reflect on my fortune. The success does not lie with an individual, but with the collective persistence and drive of the people around me. With every target locked up, and every deliverable met, I took some time to bask in the glory of our awesomeness by treating the ladies on our team to a manicure or pedicure at the ritzy Apollo Nails salon. It was an opportunity to forget about the upcoming fiscal year's challenges and just marinate in the success of the last year. Success, I will add, under trying circumstances.
I'm feeling fortunate to be part of such an amazing group of women, educators, and professionals.
Janine, myself, Terri, Karin, and Nattie. (Missing was Kristin and Ann who were getting their fingers done).

No comments:
Post a Comment