This is Erik and I. I flew in a day early so I could adapt to the time change more easily. This afforded me the opportunity to see Erik, my BFF from band camp. I haven't seen him since we took our road trip to New York City in 1999. We went to a hip eatery and had "adult" milkshakes with French fries. At first I was afraid that it would be awkward since we hadn't seen day other in a while. It really wasn't! It was as if we picked up right where we left off. That is an ideal friendship, if you as me!
After we hung out, I went back to my room and waited for my partner in crime- Kathy. She is the genius that hooked us up with the great digs we had in DC. We were in a posh area of DC (according to Erik) and conveniently located next to all the attractions. Kathy is also my mentor. I look up to her like I would an older sister. She's wise, dedicated, fun, caring, honest... I could go on and on. She's amazing.
Here we all are the night before we hit the Hill. These women are... Incredible. That's all there is to it. Seriously! Strong, intelligent, grounded, and full of purpose. It's nice to get to know each other outside of our roles at work.







No comments:
Post a Comment