Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Jakers' First Haircut





I've been dreading this day for months. Joe has been relentlessly harassing me about when we were going to get Jacob's first haircut. I've been avoiding it because Jacob's my last little one and it absolutely pains me to admit that he is growing up. Joseph got his first haircut when he was just one and I recall being abjectly devastated that the cut left him without his little soft ringlets. Jacob has the same honey-colored feathery whisps and I didn't want to lose them. I love using my nails to comb his hair to the side of his face!  I can't do that if there isn't enough hair for me to sweep over. 

Initially Jacob wasn't having any of it. Joe was going to hold Jacob in the seat, but Jacob kept crying and clawing for me. Joe grabbed a lollipop and that pacified Jacob temporarily. I appreciated that the stylist cut quickly. She was also very patient and that alleviated some of my anxiety. He looks great and I'm pleased as pie!  Just in time for our family portrait and Christmas cards!  

No comments: