Friday, April 29, 2011

Trimester of Discomfort

Okay, it's happening. The inescapable fate of a pregnant woman in her final trimester... NESTING! I am going crazy here organizing everything all of the time! This morning I got up at 6:00am and instead of catching the Royal Wedding, I started to organize the house! Even at work (lunch hour) I am finding myself straightening up my desk, file cabinets, and all areas in near proximity. Joe and I went through the garage last weekend and we sorted through everything! It was awesome! It's one of those projects I always have on my list of things to do but never expect to accomplish.

Another annoying symptom that I am experiencing is leg cramps. I am waking up in the middle of the night and having to literally jump out of bed so that I can stretch out my toes or my legs. I've been eating two or more bananas a day and that's been helping considerably. I'm also having some insomnia. I think about the baby all night and sometimes I get a mere two hours before I have to wake up and face my day! I'm just a bit overwhelmed by the prospect of being pulled back to the starting line of parenting.

This little one can't seem to stop moving! He is in constant motion all day! I remember, when I was pregnant with Joseph, I did my fetal kick counts religiously because it seemed like he never moved! Now he doesn't stop moving and I'm afraid that this next on will be even more active! How will I keep up? It's so difficult for me to think of this child as already having a personality. Although I know otherwise, it seems as though he can't possibly have a personality yet- he's too young!

Joe spent 4 hours cleaning and assembling Joseph's crib for the new baby. We have unearthed all of Joseph's old clothes and toys and spent hours cleaning and organizing everything. We have a changing table on the way and are still in the market for a glider- an absolute necessity according to my sister. My sister also passed all of the clothes that Noa doesn't fit anymore on to us! My friend Tanya, who has two beautiful boys, also gave us some of her boy clothes because she's insisting that her next two children will be female.

I have 6 more weeks to go and although it seems like I've been pregnant forever, I can't believe that I'll be meeting this little meatball so soon! I wonder if he'll have Joseph's beautiful blue eyes, infectious giggle, or tender and affectionate spirit. I can't wait to smell him or kiss him or hold him! I can't wait to see Joseph be a big brother; I know he's going to be great!

1 comment:

Darth Mama said...

Hello Tiffany! I can't believe it, I wasn't aware you were pregnant. My fault. I haven't been keeping up with the blogging world. My blog has been neglected as well. But things are slowing down, and now I am trying to catch up, and then I find out you're almost ready to give birth! I am excited for you. I will have to keep watching your blog so I can see your new baby!