Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hawaiian Getaway

This month was a quick one. The highlight of the month was visiting Hawai`i. Initially, I wanted to visit my Dad's grave on his birthday but as my trip approached, I realized that I had all of these people I wanted to catch up with and food I wanted to eat! I made a list and whatever fell into place was accomplished and what didn't will have to wait until I make it back there.

Joe and Lory came to Washington to look after Joseph while I was gone. They took him to school every day and helped him with his homework. They even trained him to put his own socks, underwear, and pants on! He's always been able to do it but always insisted that I do it for him. I don't know how they convinced him to do it all the time for himself but BOY do I appreciate it!

I desperately missed Joseph. Next time he'll be with me even if it means that he has to miss a bit of school. Being away from him made the trip far less enjoyable because I kept wishing that I were with him. I thought I'd be relieved to have a break but every thought was on my son. Tonight, he told me that when we were not together, his heart was broken (he showed me with his hands) and now that we're together again, his heart is all better. I could have cried. No more trips away from my sweetheart.

I was able to eat at most of the places that I wanted: Leonards Malasada's (3 times), Shave Ice (3 times), Gina's Korean BBQ, Dim Sum (2 times), Pauoa Chop Suey, California Pizza Kitchen, Island Manapua Factory, Orange Grove Yogurt (3 times), and K's Bento. I bought 6 bags of kakimochi, 2 bags of li hing mui mango, $100 of Honolulu Cookie Company goodies, 1 bag of cuttle fish, 10 packages of NOH Korean BBQ spices, spam cutter, 15 Hello Kitty key charms, 4 Starbucks cups, and a slipper mop. I was good for Hawaii's economy this week!

No comments: