Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome, 2011!

This past year has been interesting. I can't believe time is flying by so quickly. When I was little, I seem to remember time moving so slowly! Now I can hardly catch my breath between weeks and months.

We had a lovely Christmas holiday. Even though Joe and I worked through most of it, we still enjoyed ourselves. Joe went with his parents and Joseph to Seattle to Pikes Market to get crab for Christmas Eve dinner. My mom and I stayed at home and rested. I was at the end of a bad stomach bug that made eating quite unappealing. We just stayed at home, watched television, and slept. It was wonderful!

Christmas was beautiful! I think everyone got what they wanted. Joseph got an electric train from Santa Claus and I got a new watch with butterflies from Joey. I also got photo editing software, which I've been wanting FOREVER! You'll be seeing some beautiful pictures as soon as I have time to devote to learning the darn thing. I also got a Michael Jackson CD-- YAY! Joey got a Nook e-reader and clothes that he sorely needs.

Joey made the most incredible Christmas dinner. I was supposed to help but I was feeling really sick. I couldn't even enjoy dinner with everyone else. I had to lay in bed until the room stopped spinning. Since then, however, I've made three batches of green bean casserole and eaten two entirely by myself. Along with the Spaghetti-O's I'd say it's the strangest of my pregnancy cravings.

Joey's been absolutely wonderful so far throughout the pregnancy. He wasn't around much for my first one and it's great having him along at appointments. This Wednesday we're going in to find out the gender of the baby! I'm so excited that he'll be able to be there with me! He's been really understanding about my nausea and fatigue. Normally I wouldn't get away with the loads of neglected laundry and dishes but because I'm pregnant, I get a free pass. This is almost incentive enough to have a third! Nah, no way! Two and done- PERIOD! Although, the third can often be the best child. Look at me!

I can't believe that it's already 2011. I'm going to try to read more this year. I don't know how I will accomplish this with a new baby but we'll see. I hope this baby is as perfect as Joseph was! What a sweet little angel baby! My nephew, Noa, is giving my sister quite a time! My mother insists that it's payback for how colic-y she was as a baby. I hope that he calms down so she can take a break. I don't remember it being that hard! I was 25 and didn't work, though. I hope I can handle all of my responsibilities when the next one comes around!

No comments: